Our Chiropractor in Sarasota Offers Non-Invasive Care for Shoulder Pain
As a chiropractor in Sarasota, FL, Dr. Robert Kuskin has worked with thousands of people struggling with shoulder pain. Whether you’re a young student-athlete or older professional, Floridians of all ages may be at risk for this common condition.
Common Types of Acute & Chronic Shoulder Pain
The shoulder joint has the greatest range of motion of any joint in the body. But by the very nature of our modern world (e.g., frequent sitting, stooping over desks, etc.) along with a combination of genetic and personal factors, the shoulder can often become injured.
The following diagnoses are some of the most common we see:
- Dislocated Shoulder - if the head of the upper arm bone pops out of place (common in sports, slips and falls, or auto accidents), this can cause extreme shoulder pain and instability. Common after-effects in include weakness, hypermobility, and an increased risk of re-injury.
- Shoulder Bursitis - a bursa is a small sac filled with fluid, located between tendons and bones. It normally reduces friction and permits healthy movement. Bursitis happens when abnormal pressure irritates and inflames the sac.
- Frozen Shoulder - also known as adhesive capsulitis, frozen shoulder is hallmarked by progressive and significant reduction in mobility (often following an injury, infection, or illness affecting the shoulder).
- Muscle Strains, Ligament Sprains, and Tendon Injuries - the shoulder is supported by many small rotator cuff muscles and other connective tissues which can easily become damaged and irritated due to an acute injury or as a result of chronic repetitive strain and stress.
- Osteoarthritis: chronic wear and tear can breakdown your inner-joint cartilage, reduce joint space, and cause the growth of bony spurs, which impair mobility and cause pain.
Shoulder pain may also be referred from other areas of the body, like the cervical spine or an internal organ.
How Chiropractic Care in Sarasota, FL Alleviates Shoulder Pain
Dr. Kuskin offers several drug-free techniques which alleviate symptoms of shoulder pain as well as address underlying causes, so patient outcomes are more sustainable and thorough. Techniques include:
- Chiropractic adjustments and joint mobilizations: to restore normal shoulder blade/spine/shoulder alignment
- Corrective exercises: modified to improve tissue healing, range of motion, and strength
- Massage therapy: to stimulate localized circulation in the shoulder and alleviate connective tissue tension and scar tissue
- Postural screens and body mechanics training: to educate patients on safer and more efficient ways to move at work, in sport, and in life
Is Your Career & Life Affected by Shoulder Pain? Contact Our Sarasota Chiropractor for Healing
If you or someone you know is struggling with shoulder pain, contact Sarasota chiropractor Dr. Kuskin by calling Back to Health Wellness Center at 941-351-2555.